Scrummy snacks & tasty tips - perfect for adventures in the sun!
- Bite size: Pack a variety of finger foods as little explorers are likely to eat more if they can pick up bite size bits and pieces.
- Mini veggies: Naturally small foods make a great healthy choice. Little explorers will love raw sugar snap peas, mini peppers or baby carrots.
- The classics: Don’t forget sausage rolls, sarnies or wraps with assorted fillings. You could add some grated carrot or beetroot for a veggie boost!
- Salad days: Swap sandwiches for pasta, rice or couscous salads - adding chopped veggies and fruit in different colours to make a colourful rainbow!
- Delicious dips: Blend your own hummous – why not add some beetroot or carrot to make it really bright and eye catching.
- Crisp swaps: Bake very thin slices of apple in a low oven until dried out like crisps for a healthy snack without the salt and oil. Our puffcorn and cheese & herb puffs also make a great alternative to crisps for little ones.
- Fast fruit & veg: Cut into fun shapes with a knife or mini cutters and pack in see through tubs for some healthy fast food – carrot, cucumber and melon work well.
- Name game: Get imaginative with fun food names- who doesn’t want to eat magic wands or swords (breadsticks), swamp slime (guacamole) or pirate gold (chunks of cheese)!
- Cool drinks: If the sun’s out you’ll need lots of water and using a thermos will keep it cool.
PSSSST, DON'T FORGET!
- Pack everything in your fave picnic basket
- A large picnic blanket to chill out on
- A cool bag to keep food chilled
- Bright cutlery, plates and bowls add a splash of colour
- Re-usable, colourful silicone cupcake or muffin cases are great for individual portions.
- Wipes or antibacterial hand wash to clean dirty fingers
- Empty bags for your rubbish and recycling
- Sun cream and a hat - and maybe even a rain coat, as you can never predict the British weather!!
Carrot Oat Biscuits
Delicious on their own or dipped in hummus, these cute Carrot Oat Biscuits make a great snack.
A tasty veggie platter - made for sharing & dipping. Get the recipe here and give it a try.
Traffic Light Lollies
These fun colourful lollies are packed full of fruit, great for a hot summer's day!